Attack Pedals – Frequently Asked Questions:
How does an attack pedal work?
- Attack pedals work by manipulating the envelope of the guitar’s sound, which refers to the outer edge of the sound wave.
- They can modify any or all of the components of the envelope, which are normally described as attack, decay sustain and release.
Can an attack pedal be used with any type of guitar?
- Yes, an attack pedal can be used with any type of guitar that has a pickup, including electric, acoustic-electric, and bass guitars.
Are there any other pedals that change the attack of a guitar signal?
- Yes – compressors and envelope filters also modify the guitar’s attack.
How might this make my guitar sound?
- Well, depending on the pedal, it can be used to soften the initial strike of the strings.
- Sometimes they have been described as producing an old-fashioned ” reverse tape” type of sound.