Wah Pedals FAQs
How do I use a wah pedal?
- A traditional, foot-operated pedal just needs the foot pedal itself operated back and forward to sweep the frequency.
- Underneath the pedal itself, is a footswitch that turns the effect on an off
What is an auto-wah pedal?
- This pedal automatically controls the wah effect based on the input signal, rather than being controlled by a foot pedal, like a traditional wah.
- The auto-wah automatically adjusts the frequency of the effect when you play, creating a dynamic and expressive sound.
- This can be particularly useful for guitarists who want to add a touch of funk or other rhythmic elements to their playing.
What is cocked wah?
- “Cocked wah” refers to a specific setting that creates a fixed tone.
- With a cocked wah, the pedal is placed in a fixed position, usually somewhere in the midrange of the pedal’s sweep, and left there to create a unique and distinctive tone.
- The term “cocked” means the pedal is “cocked” or locked into a specific position, rather than being moved up and down to create the typical wah effect.