The CIOKS 8 Expander is the largest power supply extender in the Future Power Generation series.
Just to be clear, the CIOKS 8 power supply can extend the DC7, or operate from another suitable 24V regulated power source. It is only stand-alone if you have a 24v source.
The release of the celebrated CIOKS DC7, definitely caused a stir in the PSU market.
Because of its ground-breaking low profile, low weight, and high output connectivity, DC7 quite rightly found its way onto thousands of pedalboards the world over.
Now with the CIOKS 8 Expander, the range has increased, providing pedal devotees even more low-noise power options for their sonic treasures.
CIOKS 8 is the largest expander
CIOKS 8 is our largest switch-mode power supply extender.
Not only is CIOKS 8 the perfect companion to the CIOKS DC7 (via the DC7’s 24 V outlet), but it also offers clean power from other PSUs that have a 24 V DC outlet.
With its eight additional outlets, individually selectable between 9, 12, 15, and 18V DC, each outlet delivers up to a staggering 660 mA!
To use CIOKS 8 as an extension to DC7, simply use the DC Link cable and connect the CIOKS 8 to the courtesy 24V outlet on your DC7 and you are good to go.
In case you want to use CIOKS 8 as a stand-alone power supply, it powers up with any 24V DC adapter with the appropriate DC plug.
To get the full 6W output power on all 8 isolated outlets, the adapter you are using to power CIOKS 8 should have an output power of 60W.
If you are looking for a super-powerful power supply set up to power a large pedalboard, the combination of a CIOKS DC7 plus a CIOKS 8 is a stunning solution.
This is because this combo will give you 15 isolated outlets in total with 4 switchable voltages on each outlet plus a 5V USB outlet to charge your smartphone or tablet (courtesy of DC7).
- Ground-breaking low profile and weight
- 8 isolated DC-outlets, each providing up to 660 mA (at 9 V DC) – total maximum output power 48 W*
- Ultra-low noise achieved by multi-stage filtering
- Independently selectable voltage on each outlet (9, 12, 15 or 18 V)
- Global overload status LED
- Mounting hardware for Pedaltrain and Templeaudio boards included
- Compatible with CIOKS GRIP – for drill-free mounting on Pedaltrain boards
- 24 V DC link and 12x Flex cables included:
- (1x 1015 3x 1030 2x 1x 2050 1x 4050 1x 5050 1x 1035 & 1x 1533)
- Designed in Denmark, assembled in Poland
- 5-year worldwide warranty
- Manufacturers website
Input/Through Dual 24 V DC
Outlet 1-8: 9 V DC / 660 mA or
12 V DC / 500 mA or
15 V DC / 400 mA or
18 V DC / 330 mA each
Output power: max. 48 W in total*
* Total output power of 48 W can be achieved provided an appropriate and sufficient input power source is applied. For full output power please use a 24 V DC source with min. 60 W of power capability such as CIOKS DC7).
Flex cables included:
A total of 12 Flex cables, all 2.1mm (BOSS standard), are included. The user is able to power 11 pedals with the included Flex kit.
- 1015 – 1 x Type 1 – 5,5/2,1mm DC plug, centre negative, L-shape, 30cm (black)
- 1030 – 3 x Type 1 – 5,5/2,1mm DC plug, centre negative, L-shape, 30cm (black)
- 1050 – 1 x Type 1 – 5,5/2,1mm DC plug, centre negative, L-shape, 50cm (black)
- 2050 – 1 x Type 2 – 5,5/2,1mm DC plug, centre positive, L-shape, 50cm (red)
- 4050 – 1 x Type 4 – 5,5/2,5mm DC plug, centre positive, L-shape, 50cm (green)
- 5050 – 1 x Type 5 – 3,5mm Jack plug, tip positive, L-shape, 50cm (black)
- 1035 – 1 x Split Flex type 1, 30+50cm (black)
- 1533 – 1 x 3-way daisy chain Flex type 1, 30-30-50cm (black)