Darkglass Electronics Alpha Omega Ultra Aux V2 – Bass Pre Amp
The Darkglass Electronics Alpha Omega Ultra AUX has both analogue tone and digital precision.
Our main goal at Darkglass Electronics is to push the boundaries of what musicians are able to achieve. For instance, to empower a musician’s creativity.
As a result of technology progressing, more and more devices are being developed and are stretching the envelope of what is possible.
With our latest creation, we are taking a step into the future and is the beginning of a new era.
The Alpha Omega Ultra AUX is an incredibly versatile bass pre-amplifier
All of its features are making for an incredibly complete tool for the modern bass player, for instance:
- Two distinct distortion circuits
- Extremely high dynamic range, six-band active graphic EQ,
- Dedicated headphone output and
- Balanced direct output with switchable digital impulse-response cabinet emulation
The frequency response from a loaded speaker cabinet is a huge part of modern music production. This is because direct to desk sounds soul-less.
For instance, achieving big natural tones out of instruments direct to pre-amplifiers or pedals is difficult because they sound fizzy and lifeless.
Impulse Response (IR) cabinet emulation is extremely popular because it avoids the space and noise hassles of record using cabs.
As a result, both n the studio and in live production, we have been able to replicate uncompromisingly the benefits of real speakers.
Having the sonic size and presence of a full-rig is amazing because there is no need for acoustically treated rooms or annoying the neighbours!
In conclusion, the need and benefits of incorporating studio-grade cabinet emulation into our top-of-the-line creations was evident. This is because more and more musicians are going direct to the board.
Now you can have uncompromising, dead simple, ready to mix sound with your Alpha Omega Ultra everywhere you go!
After the success of Darkglass Alpha Omega and the Alpha Omicron pedals the Ultra Aux is building on this success.
The Ultra AUX is designed to be even more versatile with these ground-breaking features.
Edit the Alpha Omega using your PC or Mac
Virtual Cabinet functionality allows you to get consistent studio-grade setup because it incorporates an incredibly accurate representation of your favourite cabinet’s character.
And, since they exist in the digital domain, they can be changed in a matter of seconds via a USB port with the Darkglass Suite.
Available for both PC and Mac, the Darkglass Suite is a free, easy-to-use platform for experimenting with your favourite cabinet configurations.
This feature is fully switchable on the Direct Output and always-on for the headphone output, which gives you the chance to practice silently with an indescribably realistic, full-rig sound.
Auxillary (AUX) Input
However the AUX update adds in an Auxiliary Input, which makes the pedal absolutely perfect for practicing.
This allows you to connect your PC or mobile device to your pedal to play along with your favourite songs and backing tracks in total silence.
- Dual distortion engines (Alpha & Omega)
- Bite and Growl frequency emphasis switches
- Clean and Distortion type Blend controls
- Separate Bypass and Distortion foot-switches – allows use of Distortion and EQ independently
- Six-band active Graphic EQ • ± 20dB master volume control
- IR (impulse response) cabinet simulation
- Load different Virtual Cabinets (one at a time)
- Connect to your PC/Mac via Micro-USB
- Free ‘Darkglass Suite’ software
- 3.5mm headphone output with cabinet simulation
- Balanced XLR output with switchable IR cabinet simulation • Switchable ground lift • Input impedance: 1M Ohm
- Output impedance: 1k Ohm • Powered by optional 9V PSU – (9V DC, centre -, 2.1mm, ~110mA current draw)