Dwarfcraft Devices Hax 2
A ring modulator with beautiful enveloped tremolo, articulate filter, subtle, wild, we’ll let you decide.
This is a re-vamp of one of the company’s original pedals (the second one they ever released and out of production) with tons of new features, including
- Ring modulation with either sine or square wave,
- Lowpass and bandpass Filters,
- Envelope following for ring mod and filter frequency
- Expression control over the frequency setting in both modes
- Control Voltage out sends the envelop out (0-8v)
- Sine and Square wave modes for broaderes experimental tones
- Carrier frequency range goes from low, tremolo effects to high-frequency fizz
- Expression pedal control input for carrier or filter frequency
- Dedicated 1/8″ CV output for envelope follower (0–8V range)
- Ring/Filter: Ring Mod and Filter modes
- Sine/LP or Square/BP: Selects between Sinewave and Squarewave presets
- Up/Down: Envelope up / down
Hax 2 is lightyears beyond the circuit that inspired it. You now have the choice of a square or sine wave ring mod, allowing for classic sci-fi tones and jarring new textures. Both waveforms have an extremely broad frequency range, from subsonic tremolo to laser blaster highs or, with just the right blend settings, a warm chorus-like effect. An envelope follower can apply your right hand dynamics to the frequency of the ring mod for subtle to extreme shifts that react to the vibe of the song.
The Dwarfcraft Devices Hax 2 also boasts a filter mode that has a high preset resonance for maximum harmonic content without self-oscillation, and it shares the envelope following capabilities of the ring mod. This feature will allow for exciting percussive sounds, funky wah-wahs and synth-like tone shaping.
From classic to super sci-fi sounds