EarthQuaker Devices Afterneath V3
The EarthQuaker Devices Afterneath V3 has taken everything that was great about the original Afterneath and made it even better.
- Same otherworldly reverb algorithm built from an adjustable cluster of short delays
- Ranges from scattered individual delays to an immersive wash of atmospheric reverb
- New control over the Drag parameter with nine unique modes of user-selectable sweep.
The Afterneath’s Modes of Operation
2. Unquantized with Slew:
3. Unquantized Volt/Octave:
4. Chromatic Scale:
5. Major Scale:
6. Minor Scale:
7. Pentatonic Scale:
8. Octaves & Fifths:
EarthQuaker Devices Afterneath Features:
- Flexi-Switch™ – allows for momentary and latching-style operation from a single footswitch
- Silent soft-touch switching with True Bypass
- Tails/No Tails switching
- Voltage or expression pedal control jack for the Drag parameter
- All analog dry signal path and a totally digital effect signal path
- Powered by regular 9 V DC PSU (centre -, 2.1 mm, ~100 mA current draw)
Controls the decay length of the reverb.
Adjusts the spread of the reverb. Sharper with more attack counterclockwise, more ambient and washy as you turn it clockwise.
Clockwise for brighter tones, counter clockwise for darker tones.
This digital reverb is made up of a bunch of short delays, this separates the delay lines creating a stuttering, pingy effect. This is the coolest control on the Afterneath, we highly advise slowly turning this while you let notes ring out for a cool warped speed effect. More delay as you turn it counterclockwise, more reverb as you turn it clockwise.
Controls the regeneration of the reverb, turn clockwise for more wash and echos, counterclockwise for less. This will self-oscillate if turned up high.
Blends the wet signal into the dry. Though it does not actually go full wet, it will gradually lower the clean level as you turn it clockwise and give the appearance of full wet.
A standard 9 volt DC power supply with a negative center 2.1mm barrel, no battery option.
We do not recommend using this pedal on a daisy chain. Please use a dedicated power supply or isolated output from a multiple tap power supply for best performance.
Do not use any generic adapter (anything from RadioShack or similar). Do not run at higher voltages! The current Draw is approx 100ma.
Measures: 4 5/8″ x 2 1/2″ x 2.25″ with knobs