Emma Electronic Navigator
Combining the best of analogue and digital technology, the Emma Electronic Navigator Delay offers practical and usable delay functions in a unique configuration. It can generate classic delay tones, as well as many unique new sounds.
While the Navigator’s hybrid circuit keeps the dry signal path 100% analog, to avoid signal latency and digital sterility.
All this and more in a neat yet pedalboard-friendly package and in a pedal that’s really simple to use:
- Dual delay heads
- Wet/dry outputs
The Navigator Delay is the pinnacle of elegant simplicity. It offers everything you need in a compact delay pedal and nothing you don’t.
How does it work?
The delayed signal is created using a custom-coded DSP that allows for delay times of up to 1 second which can be adjusted via tap-tempo and also beat-split to create rhythmic, “multi-tap” effects.
This is then fed back into the analog realm where Color, Level, and Feedback controls add additional warmth and realism to the effect. In addition, a digital modulation section can create a variety of optional secondary effects to the delay repeats. From tape echo “warbles” to lush chorus and flanging, they’re all here in spades to provide you with all the gooey warmth you could want.
Adding to the pedal’s feature set, is a separate Level control for the second, beat-split delay repeats, which perhaps is the most unique feature of the Navigator Delay. This option allows the user to emphasize the second delay voice or to turn the main delay off entirely, allowing you to create interesting and all new rhythmic effects.
The second delay has the option to be set at one-half, two-thirds or three-quarter intervals against the main delay, allowing for “dotted eighth” and other classic multi-tap delay sounds.
The Navigator may very well be the most feature-laden, yet simple-to-use compact delay pedal on the market. More importantly, though, it simply sounds gorgeous.
- TIME – Controls length of main Delay repeat.
- FEEDBACK – Controls amount of Delay repeats.
- MAIN D – Controls level of main Delay voice.
- SECOND – Controls level of beat-split Delay voice.
- COLOR – Controls the tonality of the Delay voice, from dark to bright.
- SPEED – Controls rate of Modulation from slow to fast.
- DEPTH – Controls degree of Modulation from subtle to extreme.
- BEAT-SPLIT SWITCH – Selects between one-half, two-thirds, or three-quarter intervals for the secondary Delay voice.
- TAIL – Turns on “delay trails” function so that repeats will continue after the Navigator has been bypassed.
- TAP TEMPO – Allows user to tap in the Delay time with their foot.
- WET/DRY OUTPUTS – When run in stereo, the Navigator splits wet and dry signals to separate outputs.
- INPUT PAD SWITCH – Internal DIP switch for selecting between high and low level input signals.
- Super versatile and musical dual delay pedal
- Color dial – go from pristine digital delays to warm analog-voiced repeats at the turn of a knob
- Modulation – Depth and Speed controls lets you go from subtle wow-and-flutter to wide and lush chorus tones
- Tap tempo and beat-split toggle – for cool rhythmical multi-tap delays
- Tail toggle – turns delay trails on or off
- Top-mounted I/O
- Wet/Dry Outputs – Splits the wet and dry signal to separate outputs when runing in stereo
- Buffered bypass
- Handmade in Denmark
9V DC centre negative power – draws approx 70ma