The Old Blood Noise Endeavors Excess
The Old Blood Noise Endeavors Excess is everything you need for your next ripping session in 1985 and beyond.
The goods: high gain distortion, lush chorus, and slapback delay in a selectable series or parallel signal path.
The Old Blood Noise Endeavors Excess is a combination of a high gain distortion pedal and a chorus and delay modulation pedal with either lush chorus or short delay.
It is a multitude of specific sounds, both old and new, all in one box.
You can’t get enough. I can see it in your eyes. You need more. Maybe the Excess will do you just fine. Mayhaps.
The Excess has separate volume controls for both the Distortion and the Modulation effects. The modulation mode is changed via the secondary stompswitch which changes between chorus and delay.
The signal path can be changed by the Series / Parallel toggle switch.
In Series mode, the Distortion effect flows into the Modulation effect, stacking their sound and volumes.
In Parallel mode, the two effects are summed to a single output, resulting in a clear modulation with a distorted layer underneath, cleanly separated.
This is What OBNE has to say
We live in a time of Excess. And it doesn’t look like it will relent anytime soon.
So we wonder: What are you looking for? What is it that you don’t already have? Something… a little extra? A little unnecessary? Something Excessive perhaps?
Let’s be clear. You don’t need this. You want this.
- DIST VOL: Controls the overall level of the Distortion effect.
- MOD VOL: Controls the overall level of the Modulation effect.
- DIST TONE: Controls the tone of the Distortion effect: bassier, muddier tones to the left, and sharper,
- DIST: Controls the gain of the Distortion effect
- RATE/TIME: Controls the Rate of the Chorus effect
- DEPTH/FBK: Controls the Depth of the Chorus effect
- SERIES / PARALLEL: A toggle switches the effects from distortion to modulation
- BYPASS: Turns the effect on or off
- CHORUS / DELAY: Changes Modulation effect