Old Blood Noise Endeavors Signal Blender
The Old Blood Noise Endeavors Signal Blender provides a number of parallel pathways through its use of a pair of send and returns, primary input and output, switching, and volume control.
The signal blenders fucntions are simple and really flexible because you can apply them in a myriad of ways.
The main Input can go three places. Send A, Send B and Output.
Three things can go to the Output: Return A, Return B and Input.
Signal Blender can be used as a:
- Parallel effect blender
- 3-to-1 mixer
- 1-to-3 splitter
- Active ABY in either direction
- Volume level setter and more
Three footswitches do all the routing:
- A sends Input to Send A and Return A to Output through the A volume control.
- B sends Input to Send B and Return to Output through the B volume control.
- Clean sends Input to Output through the Clean volume control.
All of the routings can be seen in the manual here
A courtesy 9V power outlet and phase correction switches for both Sends add further versatility to this box.
Clever switching allows for latching or momentary on/off action with trails.
The Signal Blender uses standard 9V center negative power, and has a current draw of 31 mA.