Red Panda Particle 2
The Red Panda Particle is a granular delay and pitch shifting pedal.
It chops your signal into small grains and then rearranges, shifts, and mangles it, using the techniques of granular synthesis in real time.
This means that you get a range from radical pitch and delay modulation to shimmering repeats to time stretching, stutter, and glitch sounds.
What’s new in the Particle 2?
Particle 2 is a complete redesign, and incorporates many improvements for live use and better sound quality.
The enclosure is smaller now being only 3” wide and all jacks on top and it has 127 presets so making it much more pedal board friendly
The active preset and bypass state are remembered making it very usable because this eliminates pre-show adjustments.
Delay time has been extended from 900 ms to 2500 ms, at a higher sampling rate, so this gives even better quality.
Tap tempo allows delay time, LFO rate, grain size, and density adjustment and has independent note divisions.
The expression pedal is assignable to any combination of knobs, and our DIY-friendly Remote 4 switch allows foot control while the Particle sits at table height for knob tweaking.
The eight modes can be combined to explore more granular synthesis territory. You also get much great control because MIDI, via USB,gives access to additional parameters.
- 3 pitch modes: detune, density, LFO
- 5 delay modes: random, density, LFO, random pitch, reverse
- Adjustable grain size and density – inter-onset interval
- Pitch shift +/- 1 octave
- Delay 0-2.5 seconds
- Feedback with an adjustable lowpass filter
- Auto-freeze and stutter with adjustable threshold
- Tap tempo and momentary freeze footswitch
- Independent tap divisions for different parameters
- Soft-touch bypass which is either momentary or latching and user-replaceable
- Stereo input/output – TRS
- Assignable expression pedal or remote footswitch port
- Additional parameters via USB MIDI
- 4 presets4 on front and 127 via MIDI
- Assembled in USA.
Requires a 9V 250 mA center negative power supply (not included).