Spaceman Effects Apollo VII
The Spaceman Effects Apollo VII is a rich, medium gain overdrive with an intuitive layout and diverse sound palette.
Take it from smooth and classic soft clipping to open and gritty at the flip of a switch or kick it on to push your amp right over the edge.
With an array of tone-shaping options to explore and inspire, let it propel your creativity into orbit.
Inspired by the incredible response to the Voyager I tremolo, we’ve carefully extracted the drive and tone-shaping elements to create the Apollo VII.
Familiar sounds and new features collide because this is an explosive new design.
The simple control interface houses new and refined features while offering the highly regarded tone of the original.
As a tribute to Apollo VII, NASA’s first three-person space mission, there are three controls which are level, gain and tone.
Each has been optimized to offer a wide variety of sounds, with up to 40dB of gain on tap.
The toggle switch also provides three options. LED clipping, silicon diode clipping, and no diodes.
LED clipping offers mid-range focused grit – this is the sound of the Voyager I.
Silicon diode clipping provides a more compressed and aggressive sound with a smoother decay tail.
With no clipping diodes in the circuit, the Apollo VII becomes much more touch-sensitive and will growl and bark with astounding dynamic variation.
- DRIVE: With up to 40dB of gain on tap, a wide range of sounds from gritty boost to saturated distortion can be achieved.
- LEVEL: Controls the output volume of the effect. This control is highly interactive with the DRIVE control.
- TONE: A passive high-end roll-off. Counter-clockwise offers deeper, warmer tones, while clockwise has more high-frequency emphasis.
The toggle switch provides three soft clipping options:
- L – LED clipping offers mid-range focused grit – this is the sound of the Voyager I.
- D – Silicon diode clipping provides a more compressed and aggressive sound with a smoother decay tail.
- O – With no clipping diodes in circuit, the Apollo VII becomes much more touch-sensitive and will growl and bark with astonishing dynamic variation.
The Apollo VII features true-bypass relay switching with a soft-touch footswitch and a high 1M Ohm input impedance.
This pedal requires external power of 9v DC, negative center via the 2.1mm jack next to the output jack.
The maximum current draw is 38mA when the effect is engaged. Please contact Spaceman if you are unsure about your DC adapter.